An ethnographic approach is integral to all my work as a writer, researcher and consultant
Representative research projects and assignments:
- Emergence of an alternative music subculture in Morocco in the early 2000s (ethnography)
- Social capital created by a nightclub district in North Richmond, California (ethnography, archival research)
- Expert witness in deportation case against Moroccan heavy metal musician (document review, ethnography, expert analysis)
- Historical overview [“framing piece”] for a community-based history project in Richmond, California (ethnography, archival research)
- Detailed literature review on changes in musical taste for a study commissioned by the San Francisco Symphony (literature review, ethnography)
Ethnography of the development of Moroccan alternative music
Ethnographic history of an African American nightclub district
- Robert Goss (Past & Present Media):
We used Jeffrey as a consultant and researcher for our documentary film. Jeffrey is very knowledgeable, both in details and in conceptualizing the big picture and he is an excellent researcher. Jeffrey was easy to work with, kept us up to date with his progress, and consistently delivered what he committed to. We plan to use Jeffrey again.
- Alan Brown (WolfBrown):
Jeff helped me on an important study for the San Francisco Symphony, and did a fantastic job of preparing a detailed literature review on musical tastes, on an very short timeline. He was extremely cooperative and responsive to my needs.